A few days ago, I received a pleasant surprise from a fellow blogger who, like me, is a newbie in the blogosphere. I was contented that a few friends and a handful of fellow bloggers would tell me every now and then that they enjoy reading my blog, but I never expected that bloggers from other countries are also reading my posts. It is such a sweet gesture from Katie/Blue of the blog Of Sorts to nominate me for the Liebster Blog Award. Apparently, this blog award has been circulating for quite some time and is a way for new blogs to be discovered.
Here are the rules for the Liebster Blog Award:
- When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you.
- Pass the award onto 11 other blogs (make sure you tell them you nominated them!) and ask them 11 questions.
- You are not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated you!
- Make sure the blogs you choose have 200 or less followers.
The first rule got me thinking about the 11 random yet interesting facts about myself:
- My first name, Patricia Carmel, was derived from the names of my mother’s two super smart classmates, Patricia, and yes you guessed it right, Carmel! I honestly wanted to just have the name Patricia and drop the second one.
- I have about 25 pairs of shoes, my current favorite of which is my 4-inch bejeweled heels from the shoe boutique, Pedro.
- I have undergone a Basic Day, Night, and Wedding Make-up class from my HMUA friend because I love make-up!
- I don’t like eating banana cue (fried bananas coated in brown sugar) because they kinda taste like wood.
- I can eat katsudon everyday. That’s how much I like Japanese food.
- Frogs scare the hell out of me. So do cockroaches (when they start flying) and big spiders and mice.
- I love reading, and I’m currently on the fourth book of the Game of Thrones series.
- I am 4 feet and 10.5 inches tall.
- My favorite scent is Vanilla.
- I skipped my Physics classes back in college because I hate that subject but never missed a class in Chemistry because it amazes me.
- I love the color pink so much that I bought a pink rubix cube, but I haven’t finished the damn thing up until now.
Now I need to answer Katie’s questions. I had fun pondering on my responses. Her questions and my answers are:
- With what do you associate your happiest memories? My childhood because it was just so carefree and I was really close to my brothers and cousins. We played a lot.
- Who are your top five most favourite bands? Maroon 5, Urbandub (Filipino band), Up Dharma Down (Filipino Band), Coldplay, and Incubus.
- If you had the opportunity, would you want to go to the moon? Why not? Sure.
- What is your opinion in the constant question about alien life? We should stop looking for aliens because it would take a long time to establish if they really exist. There are other more interesting and practical things to spend money on.
- What musical instrument would you love to play? Unfortunately I do not play any musical instrument, but I wish I knew how to play the piano.
- Do you prefer high heels or handbags? HIGH HEELS! I cannot not buy a pair of high heels in a year, but I can survive without purchasing a hand bag.
- How many times have you thought you should write a book? Twice. And this book would be a collection of the funny conversations I always have with people.
- Do you prefer fiction or non-fiction? My book cabinet has more fiction books.
- Are you a competitive person? Yes! In activities, games, yes.
- If you got invited to go watch rugby with some friends and have a braai afterwards, would you go for the rugby or the chilling with friends and braai afterwards? (a braai is a cooler word barbecue btw ) Thanks for the new word, Katie. I am not into Rugby so I’d go for the chilling and braai.
- Do you prefer blogging or journaling? Blogging. Journaling for me is a very personal activity. Blogging allows me to share my thoughts (and meet new and cool people in the process!) 🙂
Third rule would be to the pass the award by nominating other blogs! Now I’m nominating blogs of my friends and other blogs that I really like reading:
- Mommy Maggie’s Musings
- Teacher Yuyu
- From Books to K-Pop
- Cindy Perez, Who, Me?
- Baranggutan: Warrior Princess
- I Style Forever
- Life’s Beautiful Hues
- Love for Beauty, Make up, and More!
Now my questions are:
- What is your favorite time of the year and why?
- If you could turn back time, which part of your life would you like to relive?
- What’s the most valuable lesson that you’ve learned from your parents?
- If you can be in just one place for an entire day, where would that be?
- What’s your fondest childhood memory?
- Which do you prefer: indoors or outdoors?
- Who’s your favorite character from a book?
- What are three things you can’t leave the house without?
- How do you spend a rainy Saturday?
- If you can be an animal, what animal would you be?
- What is your dream destination or favorite get away?
This sweet surprise has made me love blogging even more, and I do hope that I will get to reach out to even more people and share my thoughts on anything and everything under the sun. Have a blessed Sunday, everyone!